Thursday, May 18, 2006

SuperGeek United

Good Jehosophat, what have I done? A few half-sozzled dribblings, a couple blantantly self-promotional emails, and suddenly a certain Public gets a mind to look in...

Thanks, first, to the new-but-already-brilliant Portland sokkah blog for a link and a highly premature prediction of quality. Besides their love for the superlative Eduardo Galeano, the APM troika writes well on fetching columns of navy blue and seafoam green. Soon they'll see just how little I know about the blog form, design & functionality, and I'll be exposed for the prattling fraud I am.

Via their link, it's come to my bleary attention that another Portland scribe, the estimable Shawn Levy, is tracking England's heroic progress towards an inevitable exit on penalty kicks in his The whole operation, in fact, is based here in Portland—home of the Mighty Mighty Timbers and secret capital of world football. Obviously, a vibrant and bristling batch of football blogs is taking shape here in Thorn City, and I am more than honored to be a part of it.

No comments: