Thursday, May 01, 2008

Zenit's Zenith

So as I survey the possible wreckage of the Champions League final, which I fear will be a dire occasion enlivened only by the different comic facial expressions Drogba and Ronaldo use while wagging their fingers at the referee, I've been thinking how awesome it will be next year when the superb fantasy-football line-up of Bayern Munich gets its act together and rips through the CL. And then, of course, Bayern goes to Russia and gets completely sashlik'ed by Zenit St. Petersburg, like so:



All of which leads me to both revise my predictions for next year's Champions League and reflect that the competition would be REALLY awesome if clubs like Zenit could make it to the final stages.

1 comment:

John said...

Well done Zenit!!!

Truly a well deserving victory for them. Good luck in the finals against Rangers in the final.

Vamos Alejandro!!!

http://mundoalbiceleste.blogspot.com/2008/05/hero-in-st-petersburg.html